Friday, October 28, 2011

Not just pretty, but practical

I love seeing what other people can create with discarded items. I found this dresser mirror on CL for $20 and knew it was perfect for replicating what I had seen here. {I browse CL daily!}

I removed the mirror and gave the frame two coats of black paint {left over from this project}. Originally I was going to use ceiling tiles {I had access to some for FREE} as the "corkboard", but after some thought it seemed easier to just use foam board. The foam board was pricey {$10}, but because it was the same thickness as the mirror I removed, it was the perfect choice.

Once I cut it to size {use the mirror to trace the size onto the foam board then score with a utility knife...score both sides and then snap it apart} I covered it with linen fabric and stapled in place.


It was a perfect fit...


I replaced the original cardboard backing and stapled it into place.


I took my office space from drab...


to fab!


I was so happy to mark this project off my list.


The linen tote on the desk is my "mobile command center" that I love...idea found here. And I hang all the baby announcements and party invites we receive on my magnet board. A remnant of the HUGE magnet board we made for the playroom. Loving this space now.

Posted by Picasa

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sign my Guestbook!

Sugar and Spice or Snakes and Snails?

Poll has closed. It's a BOY!!!

Take the poll located on the right side of the screen. Will we be having another baby boy or a baby girl? What do you think?

If it's any help, I haven't had any dreams {like I did with Raegen, dreaming I was having a boy} and I just don't have that "feeling" with this baby. I did have severe morning sickness that lasted through week 15, quite unlike my mild morning sickness that ended at week 12 with Raegen. That info may help or confuse you more! I'm anxious to see what everyone else thinks we're having.


Is baby #3 a boy or a girl?