Friday, March 27, 2009

So it wasn't a hacker...

Talk about panic mode. As I was creating my "Fashion Friday" post last night, my computer started giving me fits. Eventually I was left with only a screen that prompted me for my ISP password. Like any sane person I knew it was a hoax, a scam, just a bunch of junior high kids trying to get their late night kicks. I closed out of all windows and programs and restarted my computer...to no avail. Sadly, I made my way to bed...those hackers had taken the wind out of my "Fashion Friday" sail.

I slept horribly and had nightmares about hacker's stealing my identity and withdrawing all of our keepsake state quarters out of our bank account. Oh the nerve. I jumped out of bed and shut down the computer for good...this morning I awoke wishing I'd unplugged it from the wall. Those hackers can hack through anything!

After a series of phone calls and one technician visit today, it seems we have a faulty modem on our hands. Or in other words, a hacker. Because it really hacked me off. I was really looking forward to my post on Big Mama's blog about jelly sandals and stirrup pants. I realize I could go ahead and post now, but it just wouldn't be the same. There's always next week...

At least I got this email today...

I was out walking with my then 4 year old daughter. She picked up something off the ground and started to put it in her mouth. I asked her not to do that.

"Why?"

"Because it's been laying outside and is dirty and probably has germs."

At this point, she looked at me with total admiration and asked, "Wow! How do you know all this stuff?"

"Uh," I was thinking quickly, everyone knows this stuff, "Um, it's on the mommy test. You have to know it, or they don't let you be a mommy."

"Oh."

We walked along in silence for 2 or 3 minutes, but she was evidently pondering this new information.

"I get it!" she beamed. "Then if you flunk, you have to be the daddy."

3 comments:

TheWinstonFamily said...

Too cute.

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Can't wait to hear all about your stirrup pants and jellies. Those shoes made my feet sweat like a hog! But we loved 'em!

Kari said...

That is hilarious..the e-mail..not your computer woes! I am glad that it wasn't so serious for you though! Looking forward to the Fashion post!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sign my Guestbook!

Sugar and Spice or Snakes and Snails?

Poll has closed. It's a BOY!!!

Take the poll located on the right side of the screen. Will we be having another baby boy or a baby girl? What do you think?

If it's any help, I haven't had any dreams {like I did with Raegen, dreaming I was having a boy} and I just don't have that "feeling" with this baby. I did have severe morning sickness that lasted through week 15, quite unlike my mild morning sickness that ended at week 12 with Raegen. That info may help or confuse you more! I'm anxious to see what everyone else thinks we're having.


Is baby #3 a boy or a girl?