Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Classy Cake - Course 2 Graduation

Friday we had our final course 2 cake class.
We learned the basketweave and rope border techniques.
M's cake



A's cake



My cake!

Friday was also Grandpa's birthday and I had been commissioned to bake and ice a
German Chocolate cake, but I was all caked out! :)
Instead, I sent my finale cake for him and Mawmaw to enjoy.
The three of us caught on quickly to the basketweave and rope border technique.
Thankfully it's a technique that looks impressive even from a beginner! :)
I'm anxious to try another basketweave and improve my technique.

4 comments:

Kate Craig said...

that is seriously awesome! I wouldn't know where to begin

Kari said...

Oh I love it!! You are really good!

TheWinstonFamily said...

Just too cute, I bet it tasted to die for too?

the shoppe owner said...

I know I am late in commenting about this, but it is great! I recently took a cake decorating class with a dear friend of mine and had so much fun. I was an awesome frosting rose maker :) Here's a fun hint - they look amazing on top of cupcakes!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sign my Guestbook!

Sugar and Spice or Snakes and Snails?

Poll has closed. It's a BOY!!!

Take the poll located on the right side of the screen. Will we be having another baby boy or a baby girl? What do you think?

If it's any help, I haven't had any dreams {like I did with Raegen, dreaming I was having a boy} and I just don't have that "feeling" with this baby. I did have severe morning sickness that lasted through week 15, quite unlike my mild morning sickness that ended at week 12 with Raegen. That info may help or confuse you more! I'm anxious to see what everyone else thinks we're having.


Is baby #3 a boy or a girl?