Thursday, May 14, 2009

Kelly's Tour of Homes - Guest Bedroom Edition

This week Kelly, you know my "in blog life" friend, is hosting "Show Us Where You Live Friday: Guest Bedrooms".

So here's ours:
It functions as a guestroom, sewing room, and library for Raegen!



{I got tired of always picking up a PILE of books so I moved the bookshelf to this room}

Here's my sewing nook, complete with trash to treasure chair...


I have my mom's sewing machine because I broke my sister's. Remember??
Oh, you're wondering why I don't have my own?

That's a good question..."BILLY, why don't I have my own sewing machine?!"


I really like using glass jars and canisters to house all my notions and sewing supplies. It makes them handy and helps me remember where everything is!


My bucket 'o thread. This sewing box was my Grandmother Richardson's so it is dear to me.


A view back to where we just entered...


A good friend cross-stitched these pillow cases for me as a Christmas present.

Don't you love hand-made gifts??


Most people that see this bed say, "I LOVE your bed!" It was my Grandmother Richardson's and could easily be 80-100 years old. I'm not sure when it was purchased or if perhaps it was in her family before she was born.


Here are some books from my father's childhood.

One has a copyright of 1941 and the other 1943.


I can remember reading these books as a child too. I also liked to trace the pictures onto writing paper...in fact, there's still one of my paper copies tucked inside.


And of course, the grand finale...

What's lurking under the bed?

I store the leaves to the dining room table {remember, it's from B's grandmother and it has 4 or 5 leaves-- HUGE!} and a few pack'n'plays.

12 comments:

Kelly said...

cUTE!!!
I didn't delete you???? I'll make sure you are on the tour!!!

Barb said...

Hi Robin,

Don't know how I found your blog but glad I did.

Your guest room is lovely. I love your crafting area also...don't you just love to craft?

Barb

Carrie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!! And no, I'm not afraid of color, but I understand that it can be a little scary to paint a room such a bold color. I figured I could always repaint it if it was a little much :o) Your bed is beautiful!!

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Robin,
Your guest room is wonderful and very pretty!
Your bed quilt is lovely.
It's great that you found a place to sew and craft.
It's a nice sized room.

Have a blessed weekend.
~Warmly, Melissa :)

Tara G. said...

Robin, I love the bed-it's beautiful and so neat that it was from a family member! My mom quilts and she bought me a sewing machine- a nice one she tells me. I told her I hope she didn't think I'd start quilting because in case she forgot, I dropped out of Brownies when we had to sew buttons on cloth. And I just think you are so pretty!

Kari said...

I love it!

Embellished Bayou said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Love the bed!

Unknown said...

1. I love the bed.
2. I LOVE the quilt
3. Your family is adorable!

Michelle said...

Hi Robin...Thanks for stopping by this afternoon !!

We did in fact have the carpenters build the bed from scratch. We had a very particular look and size we were going for and didn't find any kits that worked for us. It really wasn't that much more for the custom built.

BTW: I love your fathers books what a keepsake for you !

Take Care
Michelle

Sherri said...

What a neat room! The quilt and THAT BED are awesome! Thanks for sharing them with us:)

Anonymous said...

What a cute room! I love the books and I have sewing envy. Sewing was not a talent that was given to my family so I did the next best thing and married into a family where all the women sew. :-)

Bayloretta said...

I LOVE your guest room! It has so much charm and warmth! I'm glad you found me again and that you brought your own "Bon Appetit, Y'all!" into your home! It's one of my favorite things in our house, so I just know you'll love it in yours!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sign my Guestbook!

Sugar and Spice or Snakes and Snails?

Poll has closed. It's a BOY!!!

Take the poll located on the right side of the screen. Will we be having another baby boy or a baby girl? What do you think?

If it's any help, I haven't had any dreams {like I did with Raegen, dreaming I was having a boy} and I just don't have that "feeling" with this baby. I did have severe morning sickness that lasted through week 15, quite unlike my mild morning sickness that ended at week 12 with Raegen. That info may help or confuse you more! I'm anxious to see what everyone else thinks we're having.


Is baby #3 a boy or a girl?