Monday, November 23, 2009

All good things must come to an end...

The last two days of our vacation, daddy had a conference to attend {thus the reason we were in Florida to begin with!}. That was no problem for the king and I though. We started the day off with breakfast with dad, then headed to the resort's "Children's Activity Room". Throughout the day there were crafts and games for the kids.
Which mostly consisted of just Raegen, so he got a lot of one-on-one time! :)
Here we are making sand art:

I let him pick the colors and tell me when to stop pouring. I think his design turned out nicely.

He had a great time playing with his Mickey balloon...

blowing bubbles...
building with blocks...


and having his arms painted.


He picked a basketball for his buddy Colt...


and a baseball for Jordon!


At lunch time we met up with daddy, then returned to the activity room for more play. By mid-afternoon we were both ready for nap! :) Daddy's day wrapped up just as we were finished snoozing and we headed out for dinner...


Talk about a lot of food!!


But I always save room for dessert!! :)


Wouldn't you??


To burn off some calories, we headed to play mini-golf. It was a great "test" to see how Raegen would fair on the golf course with daddy. Raegen LOVES to "pay doff" and he's always sad when daddy doesn't take him!


He found it easier just to place the ball in the hole by hand...



The course had a lot of tough obstacles,
but surprisingly Raegen had fewer strokes on each hole than daddy...

I think his philosophy was,
"if you can't beat 'em, cheat 'em".


It was a really nice course, with lots of water...


and fire!



I even played a hole or two.
I think this picture best explains why
I don't golf, and B doesn't photograph!


Again, why B does NOT photograph...

End result? It's a "fail" for Raegen joining daddy on the golf course any time soon! :)
I believe he enjoys the idea of playing golf, more than the game itself.
After our routine fireworks show, this is how we ended the day...
Could it be any better than this?


Oooh! Maybe so...



The next day we spent the same...
Breakfast with dad, then storytime...


puppet making...


and spin art...


Here's Raegen's spin art creation:


Time for lunch with daddy, but first a stop to look at the fish...


During our lunch I noticed Raegen was very warm, though he didn't act like he felt bad. He had a 101 temp so we headed to town for some Motrin, then I drove around until he fell asleep. Thankfully he took a nice two-hour nap and when he awoke his fever was down. By then it was time to pick up daddy and head to the airport.
Again, we didn't have a direct flight, so it was nice to find a play area at the second airport. Raegen enjoyed climbing, sliding, and flying...
And speaking of flying, as we boarded the plane the flight attendant asked Raegen if he would like to go to the cockpit and meet the pilots!!

It was the perfect ending to a great vacation!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sign my Guestbook!

Sugar and Spice or Snakes and Snails?

Poll has closed. It's a BOY!!!

Take the poll located on the right side of the screen. Will we be having another baby boy or a baby girl? What do you think?

If it's any help, I haven't had any dreams {like I did with Raegen, dreaming I was having a boy} and I just don't have that "feeling" with this baby. I did have severe morning sickness that lasted through week 15, quite unlike my mild morning sickness that ended at week 12 with Raegen. That info may help or confuse you more! I'm anxious to see what everyone else thinks we're having.


Is baby #3 a boy or a girl?