Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Gone like a freight-train, gone like yesterday

**UPDATE: It WAS stolen! Gasp.
It WAS stolen while we were at church Sunday night. Double gasp.
Others also had valuables taken from their vehicles. I'm still in shock that someone would take something from our vehicle, yes, I'm that naive, but also thankful that regardless of how precious it was to me, it is replaceable. Though it may take this stay at home mom, that doesn't earn a monetary paycheck, a little while to actually REPLACE it! :) B purchased my camera from a reputable, local, brick and mortar store, but I'm hoping to find it for a good deal {translation- much cheaper!!} on-line. I've already looked at cameta.com and tigerdirect.com. Any other on-line suggestions?**
original post follows
Gone like a soldier in the civil war, bang bang
Gone like a '59 Cadillac
Like all the good things that ain't never coming back
She's gone (gone) gone (gone) gone (gone) gone, she's gone

My beloved camera is GONE.
G-O-N-E.
Gone.
Buh-bye.
I am puzzled at its disappearance.
Well, puzzled and deeply saddened.
I keep thinking it will show up.
I even had a dream last night that it was in my purse.
"Aha!! Of course it's in my purse."
But it's really not.
It's really gone.
I luh-huh-huh-huh-hove my camera!!
I take it everywhere. I'm always taking pictures.
And now my camera is no more.
~
It was last seen:
We used it before we left for church Sunday night so we could get my weekly belly picture. Billy handed it to me and I scrolled through the three pictures he took, then placed it in the backseat.
We went to church.
We went to eat.
We went home.
We went to bed.
I awoke Monday morning and realized I didn't bring my camera in the house the night before.
Panic!
It was cold Sunday night!!
I ran out to the car to get my camera and there was no camera.
"Did I bring it in last night?"
I ran back in the house, scanned the kitchen counter and desk in the office...no camera.
I ran BACK outside, gave the car a good thorough check and...
still no camera.
:(
~
I spent all of Monday thinking it would just show up. I can't tell you how many times I went and looked under all the seats in the car...I even removed Raegen's carseat completely!!
If there were ever a time I wish I had a messy house, it would be now! I wish I could just say, "oh, it must be under that stack of papers...or lost under that pile of junk on the counter", but that's just not an option.
I have such a hard time thinking someone would have taken it out of the car, but there really is no other explanation.
It is certainly a mysterious disappearance.
For now I am left scratching my head and creating terrible self-portraits in "Microsoft Paint" {hence the 31 week belly drawing}.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sign my Guestbook!

Sugar and Spice or Snakes and Snails?

Poll has closed. It's a BOY!!!

Take the poll located on the right side of the screen. Will we be having another baby boy or a baby girl? What do you think?

If it's any help, I haven't had any dreams {like I did with Raegen, dreaming I was having a boy} and I just don't have that "feeling" with this baby. I did have severe morning sickness that lasted through week 15, quite unlike my mild morning sickness that ended at week 12 with Raegen. That info may help or confuse you more! I'm anxious to see what everyone else thinks we're having.


Is baby #3 a boy or a girl?