Saturday, January 2, 2010

*NOT* Too Much Chocolate Cake

I am putting this recipe in my "if you fix it, they will eat it... ALL!" pile. :)
I made this chocolate cake for a New Year's Eve party and came home with two measly slices! It was a definite winner and I'm including the recipe below. I found it on allrecipes.com and you can also view it by clicking here. I think it's safe to say that "Denise" knows how to bake!
~
Too Much Chocolate Cake
Ingredients
1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1/2 cup warm water
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into a well greased 12 cup bundt pan.
3. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least an hour and a half before inverting onto a plate If desired, dust the cake with powdered sugar.
~
I baked my cake for 1hr, 5min and it turned out perfect. I warmed a can of chocolate frosting in the microwave and poured on top, then garnished with sliced strawberries.
Enjoy!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sign my Guestbook!

Sugar and Spice or Snakes and Snails?

Poll has closed. It's a BOY!!!

Take the poll located on the right side of the screen. Will we be having another baby boy or a baby girl? What do you think?

If it's any help, I haven't had any dreams {like I did with Raegen, dreaming I was having a boy} and I just don't have that "feeling" with this baby. I did have severe morning sickness that lasted through week 15, quite unlike my mild morning sickness that ended at week 12 with Raegen. That info may help or confuse you more! I'm anxious to see what everyone else thinks we're having.


Is baby #3 a boy or a girl?