Monday, June 21, 2010

Round 'em up.

Western/Cowboy/Country seems to be the theme for a lot of VBS programs this year. Raegen spent a full week at Grandaddy and Mimi's a few weeks ago so he could attend their church's VBS.

He had a great time and came back with this...

I'm not sure what that "implies", but Anna, it's a no.
And I'm sure you're a nice girl, Anna. But no.
No. No. NO!
Raegen will not be dating until he is 30 or so.
At that time you may fill out an application...
~
How-DEEEEEEE!!!!!
Tonight we kicked off VBS at OUR church.

My cowboys, dressing the part.



I think B is thinking, "Am I shopping in the wrong hat department?"


Walking tall.

Raegen is in the 2's & 3's class again this year. He was doing PERFECT right up until I took the above picture. Then he decided he wanted to sit with mama and not participate. After many tears, one of the workers brought him to me. We had a nice little pow-wow and he decided to put on his big boy britches and go join the fun.

Why the rolls of pennies??

The kids bring their offering to the "bank" and exchange their dollars and change for rolls of pennies. Each gender has a bucket and after the offering has been collected, it is weighed. The girls won by a landslide tonight. The monies collected will go to an orphanage in the Philippines that our church supports.

B getting the kids pumped about a week of VBS.


Lynden and I didn't have a set job or role. We mostly just wandered around and filled in where needed. Tonight we mostly took pictures. Not surprising, huh? ;)


We lost electricity about 4o minutes into the program, but that didn't hinder us at all. {except maybe those pans of brownies that were still in the oven...} The kids and workers adapted well and we kept on truckin'. We had a great first night with 99 kids in attendance...it's gonna be a great week.
If you're in the area and would like to attend, leave a comment and I'll get back to you. VBS will run 6-8:30 the rest of the week.
I have a lot of fond memories of VBS as a child. I had a lot of fun and made a lot of friends, but most importantly I gave my heart to Jesus during my last summer at VBS. Years of seeds being planted in my heart and all for one cause...that one day I would see my need for the Savior, repent, and ask the Lord to come into my heart and save me. My life was eternally changed.

How could I ever repay those men and women that volunteered their time in the hope that they could change but one life.
Thank you for giving to the Lord,
I am a life that was changed.
Thank you for giving to the Lord,
I am so glad you gave.

I'm so glad I now have the opportunity to serve and tell others about Jesus and His love. It's going to be a good week of planting seeds...

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sign my Guestbook!

Sugar and Spice or Snakes and Snails?

Poll has closed. It's a BOY!!!

Take the poll located on the right side of the screen. Will we be having another baby boy or a baby girl? What do you think?

If it's any help, I haven't had any dreams {like I did with Raegen, dreaming I was having a boy} and I just don't have that "feeling" with this baby. I did have severe morning sickness that lasted through week 15, quite unlike my mild morning sickness that ended at week 12 with Raegen. That info may help or confuse you more! I'm anxious to see what everyone else thinks we're having.


Is baby #3 a boy or a girl?