Saturday, October 18, 2008

puh-kahn or pe-kan?

Oh, the age old question.....I say puh-kahn.
How do you pronounce it? Leave a comment and let me know.
I found this pecan while weeding my flower bed...guess I found a squirrel's hiding spot. Maybe he'll hide some more! :)

Today was "State Fair Day"!! Lots to post, but I'm terribly tired. Maybe I'll get to it tomorrow between church services. Billy opted to forgo the fair and stay home and work on the patio. To my delight it was finished when I returned home!! YAY!! I'll post pics of that too...but later! :)

5 comments:

Jeff and Kibbie said...

It's most definitely "puh-kahn".

Poor little squirrel - he'll starve to death this winter if you keep digging up his "puh-kahns"!

Wow, patio is finished!!! Can't wait to see pics!

The Stain Family said...

haha! I should have kept my mouth shut...I just knew someone would turn me in to PETA!! :)

Danny, Bridget, and Sean said...

"puh-kahn" for me.

Rachel said...

of course, "puh-kahn",,,,unless you're not from the SOUTH!! ;)

The Stain Family said...

It's funny you say that Rach, 'cause that's what prompted me to ask....have you heard "Chicken Fried" from Zac Brown Band? Here's an excerpt "You know I like my chicken fried
Cold beer on a Friday night
A pair of jeans that fit just right
And the radio up
Well I was raised up beneath the shade of a Georgia pine
And that`s home you know
Sweet tea pecan pie" He definitely says "pe-kan"...must be one of those southern wanna-bees!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sign my Guestbook!

Sugar and Spice or Snakes and Snails?

Poll has closed. It's a BOY!!!

Take the poll located on the right side of the screen. Will we be having another baby boy or a baby girl? What do you think?

If it's any help, I haven't had any dreams {like I did with Raegen, dreaming I was having a boy} and I just don't have that "feeling" with this baby. I did have severe morning sickness that lasted through week 15, quite unlike my mild morning sickness that ended at week 12 with Raegen. That info may help or confuse you more! I'm anxious to see what everyone else thinks we're having.


Is baby #3 a boy or a girl?