Saturday, October 25, 2008

Race Day for the Guys

Today was a big day for Uncle Marc and Bro. Darrin-- RACE DAY!! The guys have been training for their half-marathon (13.1 miles) for a few months now. Marc's only stipulation was that Amber not go into labor this morning...good job Amber!! :)
The guys started their half-marathon at 8a.m. We caught up with Amber and friends at mile 9. We anxiously awaited the guy's arrival.

Places everyone! I think I see them...

YAY!! Run! Run! Run!


Bro. Darrin passed first...



Then Marc...


We then loaded up and headed for the finish line. We made it with plenty of time to spare. Here Bro. Darrin is rounding the last curve...


He finished in 1:53.


Marc wasn't far behind....


He finished in 2:07
(nevermind the time clock, it changed to a "3" instead of a "2") ??


YAY Guys!! Ya'll did great! What an accomplishment! There were plenty of fam and friends on hand to lend support.


After the race we ate some wonderful hamburgers and hotdogs. Raegen found his new buddy, Briton, and they had fun playing. (The last time these guys were together Briton had just learned to sit up!!)


The boys sat down together so I quickly grabbed my camera to take a pic...then Raegen stood up...


Then he sat down...and Briton stood up!! ha.


What sweet boys! Billy went to college with Briton's parents.


Raegen was fascinated with his shadow today...

One last pic...we're so proud of you Marc!!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sign my Guestbook!

Sugar and Spice or Snakes and Snails?

Poll has closed. It's a BOY!!!

Take the poll located on the right side of the screen. Will we be having another baby boy or a baby girl? What do you think?

If it's any help, I haven't had any dreams {like I did with Raegen, dreaming I was having a boy} and I just don't have that "feeling" with this baby. I did have severe morning sickness that lasted through week 15, quite unlike my mild morning sickness that ended at week 12 with Raegen. That info may help or confuse you more! I'm anxious to see what everyone else thinks we're having.


Is baby #3 a boy or a girl?