Friday, December 12, 2008

Frosty the Snowman

This is "Frosty"...or maybe Frosty III. Dad made this little snowman when we were little. His sign read, "Merry Christmas from the Richardson's". Again, another Christmas charm that hasn't been used in years. Last year Justin went over and confiscated Frosty for himself...makes sense, he is a Richardson. :) Stacy asked dad to cut out a copy for us. Here's mine...I started painting it late afternoon today and hope to finish it soon. I'm determined he'll make an appearance in my yard THIS year.

This evening Billy and I went to an awards ceremony/Christmas party for one of the associations to which he belongs. I had read on the invitation the dress was "work or holiday attire". Of course I assumed it would be a bunch of older people wearing snowmen and Santa Clause sweaters. Boy was I shocked when we pulled up to the Little Rock Country Club. Music from bagpipes playing Christmas carols led us to the front door where we were greeted and ushered to the "coat check". You ever had your coat checked? And I don't mean someone taking it to the guest bedroom and laying on the bed! It was definitely a first for me. I had on a nice dress and Billy was wearing his work attire...plaid button up shirt and khaki pants. We were standing amidst women in ballgowns and men in suits. oops. I think we would have been more comfortable wearing matching lit up Christmas sweaters.

The party room was decorated beautifully and floor to ceiling windows revealed a great view of downtown Little Rock. We quickly found the "dressed down" crowd and felt a little more comfortable. We had a good time and guess we'll know better for next year! :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sign my Guestbook!

Sugar and Spice or Snakes and Snails?

Poll has closed. It's a BOY!!!

Take the poll located on the right side of the screen. Will we be having another baby boy or a baby girl? What do you think?

If it's any help, I haven't had any dreams {like I did with Raegen, dreaming I was having a boy} and I just don't have that "feeling" with this baby. I did have severe morning sickness that lasted through week 15, quite unlike my mild morning sickness that ended at week 12 with Raegen. That info may help or confuse you more! I'm anxious to see what everyone else thinks we're having.


Is baby #3 a boy or a girl?