Friday, January 30, 2009

Conway vs. LR Catholic

***UPDATE: Stacy has informed me that dad's doll was a Lee Jeans doll name Buddy Lee. My dad renamed him Roy Gene (no wonder I couldn't find "Roy Gene Levi's doll" on Google!!)...after Roy Rogers and Gene Autrey. Autrey? That sounds familiar. ;)
************************************************************************
We were super pumped about tonight's game became the Wampus Cats were taking on the LR Catholic High "R-O-C-K-E-T-S!!" (at least that's what the teenage girl behind me was yelling). The Rockets won the state championship last year so we knew we were in for a good game....that feeling was further stressed when we arrived at the gym and saw the girls were going in to overtime. I knew then we were in for a real treat with the guys game. Our Lady Cats pulled it out with a 59-56 finish.


As with last week, the gym was packed so we sat on the visitor's side...which always makes it interesting! (and roomy!)


Marc and Amber brought Ashlyn to her first Wampus Cats Basketball game....I was excited to see them. Raegen's other basketball buddy, Rebekah, has been very sick lately and unable to attend games. He's been needing someone to help him cheer on Colt!! Too bad they didn't tell me they were coming...just yesterday I picked up a little something (a little something "Conway" blue!!) for Ashlyn in hopes that she would make it to a game or two. Hopefully she'll come back. :)


Let's play some ball!


One minute my child is making friends with the opposing team's fans, and the next...


he's sweeping Cheerios off the floor!


My first chance I snatched Ashlyn for myself...isn't she a doll?! I love those big cheeks and all that hair!! That girl can really rock a bow! Raegen was upset because I was in his line of sight to watch the half-time dancers. ha.


Colt is a ball practin' fool! And it is really paying off...he's working hard and it shows.


Raegen insisted Taco hold his cup for him...makes him look like a calf, huh? :)


In the basket!! This was just the beginning...


As a side note...I learned in my camera class that when there is low light available and the flash is used often, the flash battery may take a sec or two to recharge. In an action packed sport such as basketball that could mean the difference in the ball going through the hoop and the ref picking it up from the floor. That said, I opted to use the sports/action mode with no flash. The result is I can take continuous pictures, but they are clearly not as crisp. Also, I dumb down the resolution so I can upload them quickly.
That said, this is brutal and you may want to skip the next few pictures. ;) Here's Colt going in for the kill...gonna dunk it! (that's him, #45 under the basket)


And in this picture, the ball is in the air along with Colt and a member from the opposing team. It was foul like I've never seen before...brutal! Colt is the white blur behind the guy in blue that has his leg positioned in a karate kick. He's really not visible, but a closer look reveals his leg sprouting from the guys hip. Foul dude landed on Colt and let's just say had I been the guy on bottom (a.k.a. Colt!) I would have probably come up swinging. Wouldn't that be a sight?!


He handled himself well and nailed his two free throws.


Check it out...we were neck and neck the entire game and started the last quarter with a near 20 point lead. Our Cats are fierce!! 64-46...game over!


This is Buddy...Raegen's buddy. He belonged to Billy's Grandma Stain. Billy acquired the doll after his grandma passed away a few years ago.
Earlier this week I cleaned up the doll and changed her clothes (yes, she was a she) to boy clothes. Where did I get this idea? Well, actually Griffin. He told Stacy a few weeks ago that all babies are boys...that's why we call them babies. And girl babies are girl babies. Makes sense to me. The minute Raegen saw Buddy I knew they would be good friends. His little eyes lit up and now he carries him everywhere. He puts Buddy in his highchair, at his table for tea time, in the rocker to watch tv, etc. I dressed Buddy in Conway blue today, but taking him to the game was out of the question...according to daddy...and of course I understand most people would frown on a boy carrying around a buddy. He was allowed to ride in the car to the game, but had to sit in the parking lot as we enjoyed possibly the best game of the season (so good I took 245 pictures!).
It's been a lot of fun to watch Raegen interact with Buddy...I think he thinks he's real! ha. He especially likes to "get his nose", but Raegen likes to get everybody's nose. :)
My dad had a doll when he was a little boy. It was Roy Jean (is that the right name??), the Levi's brand doll. Dad still has him, but the poor guy is falling apart. I think one arm is completely missing, but his Levi's are still intact!!

1 comments:

Stacy said...

Dad's "buddy" was actually Buddy Lee, the mascot for Lee Jeans. Dad renamed him Roy Gene after Roy Rogers and Gene Autrey.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sign my Guestbook!

Sugar and Spice or Snakes and Snails?

Poll has closed. It's a BOY!!!

Take the poll located on the right side of the screen. Will we be having another baby boy or a baby girl? What do you think?

If it's any help, I haven't had any dreams {like I did with Raegen, dreaming I was having a boy} and I just don't have that "feeling" with this baby. I did have severe morning sickness that lasted through week 15, quite unlike my mild morning sickness that ended at week 12 with Raegen. That info may help or confuse you more! I'm anxious to see what everyone else thinks we're having.


Is baby #3 a boy or a girl?