Monday, February 23, 2009

Party like it's 1999!

Despite the weather, we partied hard on Saturday. Raegen baby turned TWO and we wanted everyone to know. :) We had some great food, fellowship, and fun with our family and friends.

I debated for a week on whether I should go ahead with Raegen's rocket cake (as planned) or make the scrumptious german chocolate cake Stacy had made for dad's birthday. I finally decided 'tis better to eat good cake, than cute cake.


And then, 'tis better to just have two cakes!! ha. Robby was giving me a hard time about having a "plain" cake (german chocolate) compared to last year's Baby Einstein caterpillar...then I stepped to the side and said, "like this one?"... haha... I'm glad I made two because my assumptions were correct...the adults ate up the german choc and the kiddos wanted the rocket. I've even gotten a request for a german chocolate cake for a birthday next month!!

JOrdOn (with two "o"'s) came early Saturday morning to help Billy get things set up, then it was off to baseball practice so he didn't even get to enjoy things!! We had a big surprise planned (which I think is no longer a big surprise) and Jordon was needed to help with that. However, the weather didn't cooperate so he and Billy brainstormed for a plan B. They did a great job with the pinata, basketball hoop, and silly string.

My mom came early to help as well.

Billy cooked up some mighty fine hamburgers and hotdogs. In fact, he didn't realize we had more food to cook so a few of us (me included) didn't get a burger...that means we've got PLENTY at our house now, ready to be cooked!! Yippee!! Come on by and enjoy a burger with us!

We had the party in the shop (Billy moved the business so the shop is all mine now!!) and it allowed us to accommodate a large crowd. The kids loved having room to run around.
All of Raegen's friends from church were able to attend (with the exception of one...but I think it's because she was having her own birthday party!! Afterall, they are THREE days apart. :)

Uncle Robby meets and greets with the kiddos...

The menu consisted of hamburgers, hotdogs, and fresh fruit and veggies with dip. And of course we had sweet tea, lemonade, and 100% juice!

Me, Raegen, and Aunt Jenn...she's not one to enjoy having her pic taken. She'd much rather be the one behind the lens so I really appreciated her doing this for me!! That means...if you are one of Jenn's coworkers (she told me a few of you are faithful readers!) it may be best not to mention that I have shared her with the world. :) Thanks!! It's just that I think she's the best...always willing to do whatever, whenever, for whoever!!
Kibbie, Jeff, and baby Ashlyn...I always love to see what's she's wearing and what kind of bow she has in her hair!

Raegen's buddy, Luke, was able to come too...his mommy found out today that they're having a GIRL!!! YAY!!! I love making baby girl stuff. ; )

Uncle Robby and Annelise...she's our next birthday girl! How has it been a year already?!?!

Little Graham seemed to enjoy himself.

Billy and his sister, Bridget...I'm sure Sean was being passed around...he's so pleasant everyone wants to hold him!!

Even baby Audrey got to come...it's always amazing how well babies can sleep amidst noise.

My college buddy, Ana (with one "N"), and her little girl, Gloria, celebrated with us. We have recently become neighbors so we will be having many more playdates soon...especially when the weather warms a bit. Gloria and Raegen are exactly one month and one day apart.

When I finally got a chance to eat, this is what I ate....

Ana made a profound statement, "it's what's on the inside that counts"...haha...so true.

Here's our Plan B....a pinata!! Madisyn helped stuff it full of candy and boy did she do a good job...you'll see...

The kids just weren't cutting it, so we put Taco-Tico up to the challenge...round and round you go...

He put on quite the show for us and I should have paid him for being so entertaining....he's great. Kids and adults alike were doubled over laughing.
He had no such luck and reluctantly handed the stick back over to the kiddos...


It seems it is possible to stuff a pinata too full of candy and thus prevent it from being busted. Eventually Billy took the stick and destroyed the dino so the kids could get at 3lbs of sugar!! :) Raegen was horrified at the event and had a not so minor meltdown. I think he didn't like seeing his new dino beat to a pulp.

Ashlyn didn't think much of the broken dino either. :)

Time to sing and blow out the candles....

Sadly there was no "blowing out candles" part because our lighter would not ignite. I could have cried, but it wouldn't have changed anything. We just went right on with the singing and cut the cake. Next year I'll make sure the candles are lit WAY before I suggest it's time for the whole singing bit. I was really looking forward to Raegen blowing out the candles because he's so good at blowing on hot food, the fireplace, candles around the house, anything that's steaming or on fire!!!...I knew he would be great.


Sorry to all of the mothers whose children looked like Smurfs after they ate the rocket cake. :)

Then it was on to presents....Taco wrapped his own...can you tell whic his his?? :)

Raegen received so many unique gifts...

Including a Bible with his name on it from the Witcher cousins...the kids wanted to put Rae-Rae, but Stacy wasn't sure if that would be okay. :) It would have been fine.

One gift I've never seen before is a Bubble Belly...very cool!

Ms. D and Lacy

Time for silly string!!!!

and bouncy balls!!! Quick, Raegen thinks it's food!

Jade is on a mission...

To get her grandpa!!

Bro. Taco...will you open this for me, please?? It's a radio controlled car and has proved to be one of Raegen's fave toys. Though he's much better at making the wheels turn than driving. :)

The sun came out and we moved things outside...such a pretty afternoon.

The big and the small of it... ;)

I'm glad it warmed up so the older kids could do something fun too. I think they would have stayed all day if they had had the time. Amber was asking yesterday how long everyone stayed and according to my camera, it was after 3 o'clock and we were still taking pictures of everyone playing outside. It really turned out to be a nice day. Billy was impressed at how coordinated a few of the kids are...might have some future athletes in our midst.
It's a bird, it's a plane, it's oh...Spiderman!

Griff gives a bye hug to Rae-Rae...
We had a lot of fun and truly hope everyone else did too! We love to entertain...big or small. It's just something I picked up while in college and it's a good thing Billy likes it too! We seem to always have someone at our house and that's the way we like it, drop by any time!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sign my Guestbook!

Sugar and Spice or Snakes and Snails?

Poll has closed. It's a BOY!!!

Take the poll located on the right side of the screen. Will we be having another baby boy or a baby girl? What do you think?

If it's any help, I haven't had any dreams {like I did with Raegen, dreaming I was having a boy} and I just don't have that "feeling" with this baby. I did have severe morning sickness that lasted through week 15, quite unlike my mild morning sickness that ended at week 12 with Raegen. That info may help or confuse you more! I'm anxious to see what everyone else thinks we're having.


Is baby #3 a boy or a girl?