Monday, February 23, 2009

The BIG T-W-O!!

King for a day.
We had a lot of traveling on Raegen's birthday, but I managed to make it special by feeding him his favorite meal...want to guess?? Chicken nuggets! I had some last minute errands to run for the big party so we stopped at Burger King for a bite to eat.


mmm...so good.


The lady working the register witnessed me scold Raegen and spank his hand (he had decided he didn't want to hold my hand in line and so he bit me! A first for us.). She praised me (more than once!) for disciplining him, saying, "See, that didn't hurt that child one bit and he's just fine. That's just wonderful. You just don't see anyone do that these days." (She was an older lady). It was definitely awkward, but also relieving to know she wasn't about to call DHS and have me arrested! (You never know!!) ha. She was very kind and sweet and you could just tell she's a believer in Jesus Christ. Later as she was cleaning the dining room she came by and took a tray of trash we had on the table. She noticed Stacy's growing belly and said, "Oh, I see you have another blessing on the way. That's so wonderful." I have to say our jaws dropped to the floor and we had to bend over and pick them up. What she said was the truth, but far too often people reply, "Oh, you poor thing...another child." As if it is a death sentence. Keep in mind it often comes from those who are supposedly pro-life. Kind of odd they would be pro-life and at the same time put a number on how many children they think you should have. It is okay to have 2, 3, maybe even 4 children, but after that you should terminate the pregnancy. What?! EVERY child is a blessing and EVERY child comes from the Lord. Goodness knows we can't make them ourselves!! :) Okay, I'll get off my soapbox...just wanted to share that rare experience.

That evening Stacy and I iced the cakes. She is a wonderful help and I don't know how I could do it without her. She's the type that comes in and just starts doing...no questions asked...she just knows what to do. I often find myself asking her what I need to do next!! haha.
We were a little nervous about the rocket cake...it wasn't quite taking shape the way he had hoped and we were getting quite a few chuckles out of it.



While we finished preparing for the big party Billy took the kiddos to see my man Colt play ball. Yes, this means he drove the dreaded mini-van!! Too bad I didn't get a picture of it...haha.

It was his last home game. :( I didn't realize that until last night after church. Thankfully they'll be in the state tournament so it ain't over yet!!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sign my Guestbook!

Sugar and Spice or Snakes and Snails?

Poll has closed. It's a BOY!!!

Take the poll located on the right side of the screen. Will we be having another baby boy or a baby girl? What do you think?

If it's any help, I haven't had any dreams {like I did with Raegen, dreaming I was having a boy} and I just don't have that "feeling" with this baby. I did have severe morning sickness that lasted through week 15, quite unlike my mild morning sickness that ended at week 12 with Raegen. That info may help or confuse you more! I'm anxious to see what everyone else thinks we're having.


Is baby #3 a boy or a girl?