Thursday, March 19, 2009

What does your swimsuit say about you?

Mine says, "Yes, you can eat an entire pan of brownies."
And I will.


I've never had six-pack abs and frankly, I don't see why I should try to get them now. I say let the supermodels keep them and I'll take another pan of brownies...
sounds like an even trade to me.

When I picked out this year's swimsuit I had two goals in mind:
# 1. choose something comfortable
# 2. choose something that will not garner this reaction from my little king,
"Mother! Clothes peease!!"
{okay seriously, it would be worth failing at goal #2 to hear my little man say a complete sentence...words people, I need words!}


Keep this in mind when choosing a suit:
numero uno: Try on the suit! Just like clothing, you can't grab it and go.
numero dos-o: Don't take only one size to the dressing room. Grab the size below AND above the size you picked out.
numero tres-o: Get active in the suit....sit down, cross your legs, raise your arms...do you like what you see??
numero quatro-o: Mix brands. With separates you are not tied to one brand or another. Maybe your top fits one brand best and your lower half another. Most separates have printed tops and solid bottoms so it's easy to mix and match across brand lines.
numero cinco, cinco, seis!: Get a decent cover-up, because even a Snuggie would be better than this...

I purchased my suit at...you guessed it...Kohl's! And the cover-up as well. All on sale, no doubt.
And yes, I used the above tips to pick my fave....well, that and enie, meenie, minie, mo.
What does your suit say about you?
{hop on over to Big Mama's for more Fashion Friday fun}

3 comments:

Laura said...

LOVE the swimsuit! I've got to get to Kohl's!! I think you are ahead of the game - or either you have an early vacation coming up, because I haven't even THOUGHT about a swimsuit!! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Good swimsuit advice. I always till it's too late to buy anything decent. All that's ever left in July is junk.

-FringeGirl

Lauren Delaine said...

I LOVE the swimsuit! LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!

I've been looking for a tankini. Beautiful colors! I love turquoise, aqua, greens, blues...

And Khols? Great pick!

Thanks!
Rena Gunther
insertgracehere.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sign my Guestbook!

Sugar and Spice or Snakes and Snails?

Poll has closed. It's a BOY!!!

Take the poll located on the right side of the screen. Will we be having another baby boy or a baby girl? What do you think?

If it's any help, I haven't had any dreams {like I did with Raegen, dreaming I was having a boy} and I just don't have that "feeling" with this baby. I did have severe morning sickness that lasted through week 15, quite unlike my mild morning sickness that ended at week 12 with Raegen. That info may help or confuse you more! I'm anxious to see what everyone else thinks we're having.


Is baby #3 a boy or a girl?