Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Sound of Music

Madisyn has been taking piano for a few months now.
Thursday night she had her first piano recital.


{Just in case ya'll weren't sure if I was there or not!}
Later I asked if she had been nervous.
She replied with an emphatic, "NO!".
"Those girls sitting by me kept asking, "are you nervous? are you scared?".
They were! They're 10, 12, some of them 13!!
AND, they've been in recitals before, Aunt Rah! Can you believe that?"
{laughter}


Receiving her award from Mrs. Sue for having practiced 30+ hours.

{just had to include this pic of Madisyn's bow that Stacy made...
she had embroidered socks too, but I didn't snap a pic of those}

The boys didn't last the entire recital. :) It was nice that Madisyn was second to play so they were able to be there for her performance. Papaw Witcher let them play in his truck.

Afterwards we headed to Stacy's for a delicious dump cake that was made by Madisyn.
Have ya'll ever had one of those? I LOVED it!
Then we loaded up the kids and brought them west with us.

DVD players are an incredible thing!

3 comments:

The Wallace Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Wallace Family said...

YAY Madisyn! Good for her!

Your going to be an aunt again any day now, huh? I think Stacy looks like she is having a boy. :~) Just my guess!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Kari said...

That's great!! Is this why you were a mother of five the other day?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sign my Guestbook!

Sugar and Spice or Snakes and Snails?

Poll has closed. It's a BOY!!!

Take the poll located on the right side of the screen. Will we be having another baby boy or a baby girl? What do you think?

If it's any help, I haven't had any dreams {like I did with Raegen, dreaming I was having a boy} and I just don't have that "feeling" with this baby. I did have severe morning sickness that lasted through week 15, quite unlike my mild morning sickness that ended at week 12 with Raegen. That info may help or confuse you more! I'm anxious to see what everyone else thinks we're having.


Is baby #3 a boy or a girl?