Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Our Fourth Festivities

This year we celebrated the Fourth with our Sunday School class.
Raegen particularly enjoyed riding this "bike", as he called it.

There were lots of other young kids for him to play with too.
The menu consisted of a shrimp boil and various desserts. It was mine and Billy's first experience with a shrimp boil and we LOVED it. Everything was cooked in the same pot...shrimp, potatoes, and corn! Then it was dumped on a pile of newspaper and everyone dove right in to eat! Talk about no hassle with serving dishes!
It was wonderful and there was enough left over for every family to take some home.

We pooled all our fireworks together and ended up with an amazing light show.
I had hoped to finish this cake in time to take it to the festivities, but that just didn't happen.


I didn't sign up to bring a dessert so I knew they wouldn't be short. I finished when we got home Saturday night and it took everything I had not to tear into it when I was done!


We enjoyed a slice (or two!) on Sunday afternoon when the guys came over.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sign my Guestbook!

Sugar and Spice or Snakes and Snails?

Poll has closed. It's a BOY!!!

Take the poll located on the right side of the screen. Will we be having another baby boy or a baby girl? What do you think?

If it's any help, I haven't had any dreams {like I did with Raegen, dreaming I was having a boy} and I just don't have that "feeling" with this baby. I did have severe morning sickness that lasted through week 15, quite unlike my mild morning sickness that ended at week 12 with Raegen. That info may help or confuse you more! I'm anxious to see what everyone else thinks we're having.


Is baby #3 a boy or a girl?