Thursday, March 4, 2010

Busted

I got a new camera!
My friend Laura noticed it in my mirror pic from this post. I was totally surprised when B came home with it the end of January. I had no idea he was going to replace it for me. It had been close to a month since mine was stolen and our insurance company was still completing "paperwork" for the claim...whatever that means. ha.
I had been surfing the web comparing different Nikon models and was still unsure of what I wanted...did I want to stick with what I had? did I want to upgrade to something nicer?
We found out my D60 was no longer in production and had been replaced by the D3000. I wasn't sure what to do.
Well, B did the thinking for me {which is often the best thing because it's hard enough for me to decide what's for dinner!} and purchased the D3000 from the same local camera store we purchased our D60 and our Canon HD camcorder.
I was rather a snot to my new camera and treated it like a stray dog for a few days. It just sat on the counter, still in the box, while I tried to decide what I wanted to do. Eventually I took it out and could immediately tell it wasn't my D60. Who knew I had been so attached? I really had quite the sour attitude, but decided to give it a try...after all, I had four weeks to "play" with it and exchange it if I wanted.
It is essentially the same as my D60, with a few upgrades...larger LCD screen and 11 AF points vs. only 3 with the D60. I have finally come around and embraced my new camera...I've even adorned it with a new strap slip cover! :) It has everything I need in a camera, and like my D60, probably more!
Here are a few pictures from my "photo shoot" with the boys... ;)

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sign my Guestbook!

Sugar and Spice or Snakes and Snails?

Poll has closed. It's a BOY!!!

Take the poll located on the right side of the screen. Will we be having another baby boy or a baby girl? What do you think?

If it's any help, I haven't had any dreams {like I did with Raegen, dreaming I was having a boy} and I just don't have that "feeling" with this baby. I did have severe morning sickness that lasted through week 15, quite unlike my mild morning sickness that ended at week 12 with Raegen. That info may help or confuse you more! I'm anxious to see what everyone else thinks we're having.


Is baby #3 a boy or a girl?