Saturday, May 22, 2010

Just Bead It!!

having a sick computer and a sick baby really put me behind on my blog posts this week...I may have not been able to post, but I'm always armed with a camera and I'm not afraid to use it!! ;)
So get ready for post overload!
I fell in love with my friend's chunky necklace and bracelet set a few weeks ago.
I was floored when she told me she MADE it.
Well, amazed AND offended.
How could she have kept such a talent a secret from me?
I blame myself really.
I vaguely remember learning of this talent a few months ago...
when I was preggars...
memory loss...
need I say more...
So!
We planned a jewelry making par-tay!

Some of us came to create,
some of us came to play with the babies!!


My friend, Angie, and I were the students.
{never done this before and five minutes into it I remembered why!}


Angie chose to create a chic one strand necklace. She created her masterpiece and then was free to play with the babies...
I chose to create a THREE-strand bracelet.
Why?
I think it has something to do with my momma
dropping me on my head when I was a baby.

I would say 90% of a jewelry's price is the design. It's really hard for me to envision something in my head and then create it. I like the trial and error technique. I redesigned my bracelet numerous times and finally completed it. Now I just need my teacher {she's "the" arrow raiser so she has a little more occupying her time than jewelry making} to help me attach my clasp and I can wear it!
Confession: I'm addicted to jewelry making and I don't have a clue what I'm doing. I filled my basket with beads at HobLob this week {of course only the ones that were half off!}.
I've gone mad I tell ya.
While the mommas created and played with babies, the kiddos ate...


and got creative too!


My very own Fire Chief!


Lynden and Arrow #4 got acquainted too.
"Lynden, buddy, you've got to lighten up."

"I'm not upset, I just need some shades.
Our momma's think they're the paparazzi!!"

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sign my Guestbook!

Sugar and Spice or Snakes and Snails?

Poll has closed. It's a BOY!!!

Take the poll located on the right side of the screen. Will we be having another baby boy or a baby girl? What do you think?

If it's any help, I haven't had any dreams {like I did with Raegen, dreaming I was having a boy} and I just don't have that "feeling" with this baby. I did have severe morning sickness that lasted through week 15, quite unlike my mild morning sickness that ended at week 12 with Raegen. That info may help or confuse you more! I'm anxious to see what everyone else thinks we're having.


Is baby #3 a boy or a girl?