Monday, May 3, 2010

Saturday's Storm

These pictures are for my fam and friends that aren't local. These were posted on Facebook by a friend of a friend. There were more, but I can't seem to find them this morning.
View from HWY 286
courtesy Geoff Ryken via Jennifer Boyett
View from Conway HS parking lot

courtesy Geoff Ryken via Jennifer Boyett
I had checked the radar all day long on Saturday and there was no indication of any storms. However, as we were eating dinner with friends, the skies went dark and rain was coming down so hard the business next door to the restuarant wasn't visible. We all took out our phones to check the weather, but were having difficulty getting a connection. Then we started receiving texts and phone calls from friends and family letting us know that severe weather was upon us. It's a very scary and vulnerable position to be in and one we have found ourselves in before {Mother's day wknd '08- twister headed our way, sought refuge under table in restuarant- scary times, especially with children!}. We made it home safely and then word came that another possible twister was headed our way. B moved the mattress into the bathroom and I changed out of my sandals and into tennis shoes! Not that I was planning on outrunning the thing, but I wanted to be prepared "afterwards". :)
Thank the Lord the "spinning thunderstorms" {as said by Mr. Ed Buckner} never touched down in our area. We are very blessed, whether by His grace or mercy, and we are very thankful. Tornadoes are to be expected in this part of the country, but it doesn't make them any more easy to endure.
Other parts of the state did see damage and some fatalities. It certainly makes me stop and be thankful.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sign my Guestbook!

Sugar and Spice or Snakes and Snails?

Poll has closed. It's a BOY!!!

Take the poll located on the right side of the screen. Will we be having another baby boy or a baby girl? What do you think?

If it's any help, I haven't had any dreams {like I did with Raegen, dreaming I was having a boy} and I just don't have that "feeling" with this baby. I did have severe morning sickness that lasted through week 15, quite unlike my mild morning sickness that ended at week 12 with Raegen. That info may help or confuse you more! I'm anxious to see what everyone else thinks we're having.


Is baby #3 a boy or a girl?