Monday, May 31, 2010

You wouldn't believe me if I told you.

A few weeks ago I read on a friend's blog that her husband had never experienced "making tents/forts" as a child.
Never had he lined up the dining chairs and placed a blanket on top.
Never had he strung blankets up in the hallway, attached to door knobs with rubber bands.
Never.
Oh, the misfortune to grow up without blankets {pssst...you could have used sheets!}.
As shocking as it was to hear that news, I'm sure it was even more shocking for my friend to realize there was something about her husband she had never known.
A few days passed and then I had a similar experience.
Billy wasn't hungry for dinner so I said I would just make Raegen a PB&J sandwich.
And he responded,
"I never ate PB&J growing up."
Never?
NEVER?!
As in, never EVER?!
He never knew it existed until he went on a boyscout trip when he was 10...
the entree of the day?
Peanut Butter & Jelly!!
What a staple!
Even for the scouts. ;)
Wow, to imagine my husband grew up in a town that didn't sell peanut butter and jelly...
He is older than me. Maybe he grew up during the Great Depression?
So glad my boys will never have to suffer a childhood without PB&J.
I have such fond memories of that snack as a child and LOVED it when my mom cut my sandwich into small triangles.
Fun memories.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sign my Guestbook!

Sugar and Spice or Snakes and Snails?

Poll has closed. It's a BOY!!!

Take the poll located on the right side of the screen. Will we be having another baby boy or a baby girl? What do you think?

If it's any help, I haven't had any dreams {like I did with Raegen, dreaming I was having a boy} and I just don't have that "feeling" with this baby. I did have severe morning sickness that lasted through week 15, quite unlike my mild morning sickness that ended at week 12 with Raegen. That info may help or confuse you more! I'm anxious to see what everyone else thinks we're having.


Is baby #3 a boy or a girl?