Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ellison Lee - Seven Weeks

Oh, baby Elle, you are now seven weeks old. You have had quite a busy week. Last Friday we headed north for the weekend to celebrate cousin Gracie's first birthday. It was our first overnight trip since you have been born. I took an infant travel bed and prayed you wouldn't know the difference. You slept just as well as you do in your bassinet at home. It was wonderful. Lynden slept in the pack'n play in Pawpaw and Nana's room and Raegen and Brody bunked together.

You met your Aunt Bridget, Uncle Danny, and cousins Sean and Gracie. You have now officially met all your aunts, uncles, and cousins...and that's saying a lot! We came home Saturday evening and you stayed home with the boys while mommy enjoyed dinner and a movie with her friends.


You now weigh 12lbs 1.6oz and are wearing 0-3 month clothes. You are doing great in cloth diapers and still in size 1 disposies for church and town.


You stayed in Sunday School nursery with Mrs. Jolene and Mrs. Angie for the first time. As expected, you did great and now have your first attendance sticker on the chart. You and little Scarlet are the only baby girls with a whole lotta baby boys!! You're going to have the best little friends.


Your head circumference is 14 7/8" and your length is still 21.25". On Monday Raegen started school so the house just hasn't been the same. I've been placing you in the bouncy seat more often so Lynden can see you. His face just lights up and he jabbers at you. It's so sweet, but I have to stay very close because he's not a gentle giant...he's more rough and tumble.


You have been smiling more and more and seem to recognized faces now. I just love it. On Tuesday, while Raegen was in school, I took you and Lynden to see your Great-Grandmother. She is very sick. I'm glad you got to meet her, as you both share the name Lee.

You are feeding 7-8 times a day and still eating twice in the night {though last night you slept til 4AM and just fed that one time!! woohoo}. I believe you have outgrown your spit up issues and you are no longer congested either. That is certainly making life easier for us both! I am still LOVING dressing you up in your adorable clothes and I am more than obnoxious with your bows. I was so disappointed last Friday when I realized we left the house without a bow!! Oh.the.horror. ;) Today we walked with the Kibs and her precious babies for the first time since you've been born. You and baby K are going to be great friends, I just know it. I really hope we can get back in the habit of walking together because it's great for you and me. Lynden has been sleeping and napping more in his toddler bed this week. Soon his baby crib will be all yours. I'm not ready for you to move to your room just yet, but I am anxious to put the bedding on your bed! :)

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sign my Guestbook!

Sugar and Spice or Snakes and Snails?

Poll has closed. It's a BOY!!!

Take the poll located on the right side of the screen. Will we be having another baby boy or a baby girl? What do you think?

If it's any help, I haven't had any dreams {like I did with Raegen, dreaming I was having a boy} and I just don't have that "feeling" with this baby. I did have severe morning sickness that lasted through week 15, quite unlike my mild morning sickness that ended at week 12 with Raegen. That info may help or confuse you more! I'm anxious to see what everyone else thinks we're having.


Is baby #3 a boy or a girl?