Monday, August 15, 2011

Raegen's first day of PreK!

Raegen had his first day of preschool today.

{below pic idea came from Pinterest...LOVE}



I thought it best to get my pic with my little preschooler BEFORE we took him to school!


We had a sitter come stay with the babies so B and I could both take him on his first day. I wasn't so much concerned about Raegen, but myself! Raegen has been looking forward to school ALL summer. I knew he would be just fine {not to mention I have a secret spy that can pop in his classroom at any time and make sure he's okay...and give me updates and pics!!}.


I, on the other hand, know that this new step means my baby boy is growing up and it breaks my heart. I'm realizing that even when we know we are making the right decision, there are still tears, and that is okay.


I thought it was so sweet that he held his daddy's hand as he walked in the school. We made our way down the hallway and as soon as he spotted his teacher's door he dropped that hand and ran right in...to the toys!!! haha He was ready to play!! Mrs. B kindly and quickly redirected him to his seat.


It was at that point that I could hold it in no longer so it was time to G-O. I can't imagine what it will feel like next year when he goes to kindergarten. Oh.my.heart.is.hurting.
It was a strange day without my little king and I could tell Lynden missed him too. I'm glad Raegen didn't miss us though. I'm glad he is so eager to experience new things and places- I can take NO credit for that! And most of all, I'm thankful for my "secret spy" that is at school and available for Raegen if he needs her.


That makes my heart happy. I'm so glad he had a great first day.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sign my Guestbook!

Sugar and Spice or Snakes and Snails?

Poll has closed. It's a BOY!!!

Take the poll located on the right side of the screen. Will we be having another baby boy or a baby girl? What do you think?

If it's any help, I haven't had any dreams {like I did with Raegen, dreaming I was having a boy} and I just don't have that "feeling" with this baby. I did have severe morning sickness that lasted through week 15, quite unlike my mild morning sickness that ended at week 12 with Raegen. That info may help or confuse you more! I'm anxious to see what everyone else thinks we're having.


Is baby #3 a boy or a girl?