Saturday, February 28, 2009

Girl's Day Out

Today was a heavy heart day. A day of tough memories and one I've been dreading for some time. My solution was to plan a "girl's day out" with my gal pal Treena...she makes my heart happy and I knew she would do well at the challenge of keeping my spirits up.

We had hoped for a warm sunny day, but our hopes were replaced with a cold, wintry day. We started the day downtown, visiting all the boutiques and shops we, as Treena put it, "normally wouldn't know existed". Our pocketbooks aren't deep enough to frequent such shops, but it sure was fun to look!
This was fun too...you know the old saying,
"Keep your friends close, and your port-o-potties closer!"

We grabbed some lunch at a little hole in the wall and Treena ran into a friend she knows from another part of the state. It was also at this point I learned of a little drah-ma it seems I've started (more on this later). ;)
After filling our tummies, we headed to the east side of town for some more shopping. And lo and behold, wouldn't you know it...it started snowing! And you know how much I love snow...I took it as a gift from the Lord and it made my heart smile. It made Treena shiver.
I ran in to some good friends myself...it was fun seeing you Brooke and meeting your husband, Kyle (finally!!). :) And Jennifer, I always love running in to you and baby Bella...glad she's feeling better!
What better to warm us up and give us nourishment after an afternoon of shopping than our fave dessert at Chili's...Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie!! Ooh, it's so good.

What a fun day with a good friend. I even received an early birthday present from my folks...Happy Birthday to me...Happy Birthday to me...
Okay, so my birthday is six weeks away, but you just gotta get stuff when it's on sale...not when it's convenient! :) I picked this up at HobLob (from my parents)...

I love it, don't you?? I think it will hold two gallons...maybe more. My current bev dispenser holds 5+gallons.

I think they make a nice pair.

1 comments:

Jeff and Kibbie said...

I didn't realize this was a heavy heart day - glad to hear you had a fun time with a friend. Neat bday gift from your parents - does go very well with your other one. By the way, I LOVE MY SCARF and wear it a lot - pulled it to wear today in the cold :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sign my Guestbook!

Sugar and Spice or Snakes and Snails?

Poll has closed. It's a BOY!!!

Take the poll located on the right side of the screen. Will we be having another baby boy or a baby girl? What do you think?

If it's any help, I haven't had any dreams {like I did with Raegen, dreaming I was having a boy} and I just don't have that "feeling" with this baby. I did have severe morning sickness that lasted through week 15, quite unlike my mild morning sickness that ended at week 12 with Raegen. That info may help or confuse you more! I'm anxious to see what everyone else thinks we're having.


Is baby #3 a boy or a girl?