Friday, April 10, 2009

Fun with the Foster's

Big plans were scheduled for Thursday night. After weeks of scheduling and rescheduling, we were finally going to have dinner with the Foster's. You may remember meeting them in this post. Plans were made for them to cook dinner and we would bring dessert. I even had the best recipe from my recent Kraft Food & Family magazine. {they have the best! recipes}
I purchased all my ingredients and was anxious to make the Lemonade Cheesecake Pie. Then my sister rolled in to town and I forgot all about my dessert making means. We hit the town with our pocketbooks and kids, of course!, and stayed long gone 'til it was afternoon nap time. We said our goodbyes, Raegen laid down for a nap, and I got caught up on some housework. Then B came home, rested for a few minutes, then it was time to go to the Foster's. Yay! I had been talking about it all day with my sister. Then it hit me. Dessert. I was suppose to make dessert. I don't have a dessert ready. How terrible. The only thing I had to do was make a dessert and I did not. I did what I do best, I twittered! "Help! Need dessert ASAP!" My twitter and facebook buddies sent instant replies, but it was too late. No time. So we swung by Target and picked up an Oreo Edwards frozen pie. I know, embarrassing...I hung my head in shame. {After a little research this morning it seems they imprint scripture on their cartons.}
As we were leaving Target, we were greeted with this...



I think it was the largest end-to-end rainbow I have ever seen!

Off to the Foster's! Shannon made a delicioso meal of pork chops, green beans, and baby potatoes. She cooked her pork chops in the crockpot and I can honestly say I've never had such tender, tasty porkchops.
Here's the recipe:
6-8 porkchops
1 can cream of mushroom soup
a little water
some cavender's
cook on low for 10 hours
Does it get any easier than that?! :) I think I just found my Easter Sunday dinner!
Thankfully, it seems the Foster's are fans of Edwards frozen pies...particularly Keylime {I will keep that in mind!}.
~~
Ally, Noah, and Raegen had a good time playing together. Billy and I are always amazed at how well behaved their children are. Super laid back and always willing to share. We really, really, really!!, hope they rub off on Raegen.

Here's Raegen working hard on the trampoline.
It was his first experience and he thoroughly enjoyed it.

One more thing, I had NO IDEA! that Shannon also has a family blog...how did I not know that?! Hop on over and say "howdy". Click here or here to access.
~~
And finally, the recipe that should have been...
If you do not receive the Kraft Food & Family magazine, you can access the Kraft Food & Family magazine archive. Just click here.

Lemonade Cheesecake Pie

Prep Time: 20 min Total Time: 4 hr 20 min Makes: 8 servings
What You Need!
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
1 HONEY MAID Graham Pie Crust (6 oz.)
1-1/2 cups sliced strawberries
2 Tbsp. sugar

Make It!
BEAT cream cheese in medium bowl with mixer until creamy. Gradually add concentrate, beating well after each addition. Stir in 2 cups COOL WHIP. Spoon into crust.REFRIGERATE 4 hours or until firm. Meanwhile, toss berries with sugar. Refrigerate until ready to use. SERVE pie topped with berries and remaining COOL WHIP.

2 comments:

The Wallace Family said...

I am making a pie very similar to that recipe for tomorrow. Edwards Key Lime is our favorite and they do have Scripture on the pan/box!

I think my mom and I saw that same rainbow, Thursday evening around 7pm? but we weren't nearly as close to it as you were. It was still the brightest and longest one I had ever seen. We were driving when we saw it, with no camera, of course. :~( Those pictures are awesome! Only God can do that! Thank you for sharing!

Happy Easter!

Hautemama said...

That's my exact recipe for Skillet Pork Chops - love Cavenders - on anything. It's especially good on steamed veggies.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sign my Guestbook!

Sugar and Spice or Snakes and Snails?

Poll has closed. It's a BOY!!!

Take the poll located on the right side of the screen. Will we be having another baby boy or a baby girl? What do you think?

If it's any help, I haven't had any dreams {like I did with Raegen, dreaming I was having a boy} and I just don't have that "feeling" with this baby. I did have severe morning sickness that lasted through week 15, quite unlike my mild morning sickness that ended at week 12 with Raegen. That info may help or confuse you more! I'm anxious to see what everyone else thinks we're having.


Is baby #3 a boy or a girl?