Monday, April 5, 2010

We serve a risen Savior: Easter 2010

Sunday we celebrated the resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ. This was Raegen's fourth Easter, and Lynden's first. It's so rewarding to see how much Raegen is learning about Christ from us at home and from his classes at church. At three years old, I do believe he understood that Easter is really about celebrating Christ and not candy and colored eggs.
Here's a quick look back:
Easter 2007
Easter 2008
click here to view the blog post


and Easter 2009
click here to view the blog post
He looks like a BABY! Oh, it just goes too quickly.


Saturday evening Raegen and I dyed eggs. Thankfully I had the good sense to only boil 12, as opposed to the 3 1/2 dozen I boiled and dyed last year!!


Egg Dyeing 101 from Raegen:
Start by gently placing your boiled egg in the egg holder:


Slowly and carefully transfer your egg to the dye cup:


Count to three and let 'er rip!


Perfecto!


Where's the fun without a little dye on your chubby fingers?


Our first Easter as a family of four...


still wanting those fool-proof tips on getting a three-year old to smile for the camera...


Easter Sunday was Lynden's first trip to church. We survived Sunday School and almost all of the preaching service before we had to sneak out. After he was fed and full, we sat in the foyer and listened to the rest of the service.

After church was over we just sat in the foyer and waited on daddy...those that know him, know he's a talker! ;) So, we got to see lots of pretty girls in their dresses. This is Raegen's friend Kylie and her momma, Erin.

The socks were just too much for me...too cute!!!



After church we came home and ate lunch. Then it was time for baskets and boiled eggs!!
This is Raegen's basket:

and Lynden's:

Poor Lynden...really his basket was just a place for Raegen's new trailer! Along with some candy-filled eggs for mommy and some new garden tools for mommy too!!
Raegen wasted no time finding his candy...

and the trailer!

I do believe he LOVES it!
Let's hunt some eggs!

Daddy played the role of the Easter Bunny...

On your mark, get set,

GO!!!!!!

there was just one casualty...I say that's success!


And of course the day ended with daddy and Raegen seeing who could throw their egg the farthest! :)
We had a great Easter with our church family and friends. I am thankful for that sacrifice Christ made for me...he made it for you too.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sign my Guestbook!

Sugar and Spice or Snakes and Snails?

Poll has closed. It's a BOY!!!

Take the poll located on the right side of the screen. Will we be having another baby boy or a baby girl? What do you think?

If it's any help, I haven't had any dreams {like I did with Raegen, dreaming I was having a boy} and I just don't have that "feeling" with this baby. I did have severe morning sickness that lasted through week 15, quite unlike my mild morning sickness that ended at week 12 with Raegen. That info may help or confuse you more! I'm anxious to see what everyone else thinks we're having.


Is baby #3 a boy or a girl?